Tuesday 4 May 2010

WEIGHT LOSS IN MEXICO


Throughout University and my first few years of working in London, I was always a 34" waist size whenever I bought trousers or jeans. Then in the last few years of my twenties and early thirties as my metabolism slowed, I found my waistline increasing in a direct relationship to time spent sitting in front of a computer, first to 36", and in the last year or so, almost a 38" if I don' t hold in my stomach / not breath whenever I am out shopping for trousers.

I am therefore pleased to report an acutely embarrasing incident at Chetumal Bus Station today, where my 36" shorts almost fell down around my ankles whilst I was standing at the ticket counter buying a ticket for Belize.

This sudden weight loss can only be due to my travelling this last month, a combination of getting more exercise and eating a lot less food. It has been so successful that I may patent this weight loss program on my return to the UK, under the working title of the "HALAPEÑO TACO EATERS PROPULSION EXPULSION DIET".

Now that travelling and eating spicy tacos has proved itself to be a miracle cure in turning back the years of my body clock, I am left wondering how long it will be before I can start to grow a pony-tail.