Sunday 2 May 2010

INDECISION IN VALLADOLID


There are three buses that leave from Valladolid to Chetumal daily, departing at 05:20, 07:30 and 14:30. My initial plan yesterday was to sacrifice watching the Chelsea and Man Utd title decider matches today, and catch the 07:30 bus (needless to say, the 05:20 departure was never seriously considered). However when my alarm clock went off at 06:00 this morning, it suddenly seemed infinitively more sensible to turn my alarm off, have a long lie, watch the football, and spend an extra night in Valladolid catching up on my laundry and planning my route for the next month's travel through Belize, Guatemala and back up through Mexico to meet friends in San Francisco on June 6th.

Unfortunately, the reception of the Fox Sports cable television channel in my room turned out to be less than ideal, and when Liverpool rolled over as usual against Chelsea, watching the mighty Red Devils later on today took on a lot less importance. As a result, I have changed my mind again, and will catch the 14:30 bus this afternoon, and hope I can find a hotel quickly in Chetumal when I arrive in the twilight hours of Sunday.


Liverpool 0 - Chelsea 2