Monday 17 May 2010

ANOTHER SLEEPLESS NIGHT ON A BUS


One of the secrets of shoe-string budget travel is of course timing bus journeys so that they run overnight and accomodation costs for the night can be avoided by sleeping on the bus. A large assumption in this money saving technique is of course that it will actually be possible to sleep on the bus, which is in itself dependant on things like the air conditioning temperature being at a comfortable level as affected me on my night journey in Guatmala and also not having a massively overweight girl playing loud music on her personal stereo sitting beside you, as happened to me last night on the bus through Mexico to San Cristobal De Las Casas.

As a result of the fat girls annoying gothic music, I again had a night of broken sleep on the bus, whilst she seemingly slept the whole way, presumably thinking about what she was going to have for breakfast as her thighs took up most of my legroom.