Saturday 27 November 2010

WALKING BARE FOOT IN CENTRAL MEDELLÌN


Having needed two pairs of underpants yesterday after dangling 400 metres in the air, I decided to keep my feet firmly on terra firma today, by heading to Parque de los Pies Descalzos (Barefoot Park).

Having read on the Internet about an oasis in central Medellín where you canb walk barefoot in a park of sand amid the bustling city, I think my expectations were perhaps a little high: golden sand, palm trees and a beachful of silicone-enhanced, coconut-oil smelling Medellìn girls prancing about gaily in bikinis.

Unfortunately, all I found was a square of gravel, and not even one topless señoritas string bikinis. I found a quiet spot where nobody would see my big toes and report me to the park authorities, quickly stripped out of my shoes and socks to take a photo, and headed disappointed to the airport to catch my flight back to Bogotá.



                                          censored