Tuesday 9 November 2010

A GENTLE ROUTINE BACK IN BOGOTÀ


Since arriving back in Bogotà a few weeks ago, my life has fallen into a gentle routine that can be succinctly summarised as follows:


Breakfast: an arepa from a street vendor, or a 2000 peso (GBP 0.70) tub of chopped fruit, strawberry yoghurt drink and breakfast cereal that I sit eating on the street.

Mornings: The Orphanage.

Lunch: A 5800 peso (GBP 2) menu del dia lunch in one of Bogota's many cheap restaurants. Or 6000 pesos if I feel like pushing the boat out.

Afternoons:  studying, gloating at the continuing rises in world commodities (the rising prices of gold, silver and oil over the last few months has unwittingly funded a significant part of my nine month sabbatical), or sitting in a bar in Zona Rosa watching any midweek English or Champions League football on offer.

Evenings/Weekends: spending time with my favourite Colombiana.


Summary: Perfect