Wednesday 17 November 2010

POSSIBLE FINANCIAL TRANQUILITY IN BOGOTÀ


There is unfortunately no getting around the cold harsh reality that I am now a lot nearer to the end of my Sabbatical than I am to the beginning of it. I booked my one-way flight back to UK yesterday (for the end of December), and even had a dream about SAP last week, the first time I have dreamt about work in, well, about seven months of not having to work. In less than two months time, rush hour traffic jams and having to get up at an ungodly hour in the morning unfortunately beckon once more.

With luck would therefore have it, I read my horoscope in ADN (the Bogota equivalent of the London Metro) this morning and discovered that I may never have to work again. Translated (badly), the free newspaper informs me that "I am close to a moment of great change in my life which will give me financial tranquility, and that it is only a question of better organisation and establishing my priorities."

This afternoon, I bought my ticket for Chance El Dorado (the Colombian equivalent of the British National Lottery), and I am now cutting my toenails so they stop making holes in my socks which I then have to sew. 

Por favor Dios, let me win the lottery before the 28th of December.




Having Miss Colombia in the picture alongside my horoscope was accidental, 
however if it increases my blog hits, expect more pictures of her.