Thursday 3 June 2010

PONDERING EXPENSIVE BRITAIN AS I LEAVE INEXPENSIVE MEXICO


Why does it cost me 15 pence for a single journey on the Mexico City metro, yet around GBP 3.00 for a similar journey on the London Underground? Why does a long distance coach journey through Mexico cost me half the price for infinitely more travel comfort than I would ever expect on National Express. Why does a visit to Mexico´s Cinepolis cost me a third of the price that going to a Vue cinema in Britain would cost me, for infinitely more comfort and popcorn that actually tastes like popcorn.

Why is Britain so expensive?

Is it because we get paid too much, or do we get paid so much because its so expensive to live? Are we inefficient in Britain? Or do we overvalue ourselves and the work that we do? Why is McDonalds one of the few things that I have found is actually similarly priced here in Mexico as it costs back home in Britain?

Answer = because of that thieving swine, Ronald McDonald.