Tuesday 22 June 2010

MOZZIES IN GUATEMALA


Yesterday evening I almost decided it was time to start taking my daily regimen of Malarone anti-malarial tablets, around the same time as the fiftieth mosquito of the evening dive-bombed me as I sat bare-armed in an internet cafe. However today, my Spanish teacher Clarita has advised me that San Pedro is not actually a malaria-risk area, something I confirmed myself later on the Internet.

Given mouth sores, vomiting and stomach pains are just a few of the many side-effects that I may well start to suffer when I start taking my anti-malarials, I have decided to hang fire a little longer and hope that the headache caused by the homework Clarita sets me each day is not exacerbated by a deadly swelling of the brain caused by the bite of an infected mozzie.