Monday 23 August 2010

A SMALL WORLD IN CENTRAL AMERICA


It really is a small world. This afternoon, I was sitting in my hostal in San Jose, Costa Rica, telling Kirk the Australian about how I had seen the same German couple in San Pedro (Guatemala), Utila (Honduras) and then in Leon (Nicaragua), and how I had also just spotted a couple in our hostal that I recognised from Utila as well. 

Kirk nodded in agreement, and told me about how him and Fabian had bumped into a loud Austrian on three different occassions in Nicaragua, to the extent they had jokingly ended up asking him if he was stalking them.

An hour later, who should walk into the hostal bar but the very same loud Austrian. The very same loud Austrian who I quickly realised was the same loud Austrian that laughed at his own jokes that I met when I was climbing Volcan Cerro Negro in Leon, Nicaragua.

It really is a small world in Central America.