Saturday 27 March 2010

JESUS GAVE HIS LIFE FOR MANY, GSK SELL THEIR TABLETS FOR MORE


I just discovered that there are actually two special events on Tuesday March 30th. As well as being my final full day in London (I hand the flat keys back to landlord on the 31st), it is also the anniversary of Jesus' death. I know this because two Jehovah's Witnesses just ambushed me on my front door-step as I got home.

The pair of witnesses of Jehovah were armed with leaflets and bibles, and one of them actually looked a bit Mexican, but I refrained from asking him if he thought DEET 55 would be strong enough to ward off Central American mosquitoes, in case he took that as an open invitation to give me a sermon that the only thing that would protect me from malaria would be regular reading of the holy scriptures.

Mind you, it would definitely be cheaper to put my faith in GOD instead of anti-malarial tablets. When I ordered my Malarone over the Internet last night, I discovered that a four months supply of GlaxoSmithKline's patented vaccine is going to cost me 270 quid. 

My shock and disgust at the high price of antimalarials resulted in a loud JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY that even the most ardent pulpit preacher would have been proud of.